How to Get Better at Giving a Cake Order: A blog about how to get better at order takingadmin
We all order in a cake to celebrate every little victory, every special moment. Our favourite cake shops often have a range of chocolate cakes, vanilla cakes, and other varieties ready for us to pick up whenever we want. But they are their regular bakes – simple cakes with no special or customized designs. Though these Christmas cakes and Diwali cakes suit the sudden occasions and celebrations, they are not quite suitable for the big celebrations.
When there is a big party and you are the host, you need a cake that is appropriate for the occasion. it’s simple isn’t it, a super special occasion needs a show-stopping cake! This you can’t just pick up from your baker’s store, you need to order beforehand. How do you order such a special, customized cake that will be the showstopper of your event? Today we shall be discussing a few tips in this regard.
Table of contents:
- How to Perfectly Order a Cake
- Tips to Help You Order a Cake
– Give as much Information as Possible
– Give Them Ample Time
– Order According to Your Budget
– Discuss Delivery Options
– Have Your Cake Delivered Before The Event
- Frequently asked questions
How to Perfectly Order a Cake
When you want a customized cake, you must be able to instruct your baker properly. They should understand your vision because unless they do so, they won’t be able to deliver according to your expectations.
At Bakers’ Fun, we have baked over a million cakes in the last 30 years, and this has taught us one thing – instructions are very important. When our customers know what they want and communicate to us their ideas, we deliver a perfect and beautifully customized cake. Unfortunately, many times due to communication failure, things don’t go as planned.
So, what are the things you need to keep in mind while placing a cake order? Keep the following tips in mind while ordering.
Tips to Help You Order a Cake
- Give as much Information as Possible – Share as much information as you can with your baker. The number of guests the cake will be served to, the time and date of the event, what flavours you want and any other customizable options you want incorporated – mention them all. If you are vague with the instructions, the results may not match your expectations.
- Give Them Ample Time – Since we are basically talking about customized cakes here, it’s important that you order ahead. Give your bakers ample time to plan and execute. Bakers often need some time to plan before they even start baking.
- Order According to Your Budget –Set a budget before you visit your baker. When you have a budget, you can set a realistic goal for the baker to meet.
- Discuss Delivery Options – Will you personally pick the cake from the baker’s store, or do you want them to deliver at your doorstep? Discuss the options beforehand so that at the last minute there is no confusion.
- Have Your Cake Delivered before the Event –If your event is scheduled to begin at 6 PM, have the cake delivered at least an hour ahead. You don’t want the bakers to be hustling in with a huge cake while your guests have come in. Also ensure that you understand from your baker how to keep the cake safe until it’s time to cut it.
Customized cakes are always attractive – but if done properly. You can get your baker to bake and decorate a dream cake only when you give the instructions properly. Keep the above things in mind before you visit your baker. At Bakers’ Fun we specialize in customizable cakes in many flavours. Get in touch with us today and we shall be happy to help you.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can You Bake a Customized Cake for My Anniversary/Birthday?
Yes, we can. Bakers’ Fun is a specialized baker in town, and we know how to bring your cake dreams into reality. Just share your ideas with us and see how we transform them into a beautiful piece of art.
How Long Does It Take to Prepare a Customized Cake?
It takes about a day or two to plan a customized cake. This can vary depending upon your instructions. The actual baking process takes about 4-5 hours. Decorations can take another 6-7 hours. Depending on other orders, we can roll out your customized cake within 2-3 working days.