What to Do When You Have Unfinished Birthday Cake?admin
Birthdays are incomplete without cakes. We spend a considerable amount of time planning the cake, choosing the best baker in town to help design a dream cake – simply to see the smile on our loved one’s face. But what happens when there is leftover cake – bits and pieces that got left behind in the plate? Do you throw them? No, you don’t.
Being in the bakery business for the last 30 years, we know that every cake we bake isn’t consumed fresh. It is true that all the cakes from the Bakers’ Fun kitchen are fresh but keep them for over 24 or 48 hours and they do become stale. So, what should you do when your precious birthday cake is left unfinished?
In today’s blog, we shall discuss some of the things that you can do with your unfinished cake. Keep reading and know some exciting ways to eat leftover cake.
Table of contents:
- 4 Ways to Turn Leftover Cakes into Delicious Desserts
- Ice Cream Mix-ins
- Cake Shake
- Cake Pudding
- Frequently asked questions
4 Ways to Turn Leftover Cakes into Delicious Desserts
There are many ways leftover cakes can be turned into delicious desserts. Try the tricks we mention below and make sure that you don’t throw any cake from now on.
- Ice Cream Mix-ins – They are great dessert options especially when you have quite a lot of cake leftover. To make the mix-in, simply turn the cake into crumbs. Fold them into softened ice cream and you will have the sweetest, most delectable DIY dessert.
- Cake Shake – Just the name is enough to make you drool, isn’t it? Making a cake shake is simple – put the stale cake crumbs into the blender (if the frosting is also left, pour it in too), throw in a couple of scoops of ice cream, and just a little bit of milk, and voila! your cake shake is ready!
- Trifle –It is a well-known English dessert made typically with leftover cakes. To make a trifle, you need to layer cake crumbs with custard, fruit, and anything else that goes well with your cake’s flavour. It’s a simple dessert and possibly one of the best ways to eat stale cakes.
- Cake Pudding –Don’t want to do too much with your leftover cake? Don’t worry, the cake pudding is the easiest way to finish what’s left over from the birthday cake. Simply add some chocolate sauce over the dried cake and mix it up well in a cup. Pour in some more chocolate sauce and a cherry to finish off! The simplest cake pudding is ready for you!
Now you don’t need to worry about leftover cakes anymore. Turn them into cool shakes, make yummy pudding or transform them completely with just the right amount of ice cream. Your all-new cake desserts are ready. Now you can order the biggest and the best cake for that special occasion without worrying about leftovers.
Bakers’ Fun has an incredible range of tiered cakes that simply elevate the beauty of every occasion. browse through our website and look out for offers on cupcakes, birthday cakes, anniversary cakes, and more.
Frequently Asked Questions
What Should I Do with Unfinished Birthday Cake?
When your guests didn’t finish the birthday cake and you have leftovers the next day, you can turn them into delectable desserts using some simple DIY tips. From cake shakes to puddings, trifles to ice-cream mix, there are several ways to finish every leftover cake.
Can I Use Stale Cakes for Desserts?
Yes, you can. When cakes are left over for over 24-48 hours, they tend to become dry and crusty. No one enjoys them in that state. But when you turn them into desserts, no one can help but take a second helping!
Do I Need to Throw the Cake Frosting While Turning the Cake into a Dessert?
The good news is that you don’t need to throw anything when you are transforming an unfinished cake into a dessert. Use the frosting to blend along with cake crumbs, mix them with icecream and you have an easy ice-cream mix ready.