Six Tips and Tricks to Ace Your Next Cake Decorating Attemptadmin
Over the years, there has been an exponential rise in the number of home bakers. With the Internetspecifically YouTube becoming a great source of information, today anyone can bake a cake. However, if you want to notch up your game and not just bake but also decorate a cake, you should know a few tricks and tips. As one of the leading bakeries in town, we at Bakers’ Funare here to share a few key tips with home bakers and first-time cake decorators.
As a bakery,we have experience of serving different types of cakes for the last 30 years. Over the years we have served for birthday parties, anniversaries, special occasions, and more. We have seen a rise in demand for cake decorations so much so that today we can humbly say that our fondant cakes are a selling point.
Table of contents:
- 6 Tips to Ace Your Cake Decorations
- Start By Decorating a Plain Round Cake
- Get Your Things Together Before Starting Off
- Level The Cake Before Beginning
- Start From The Top
- Choose the Nozzle for Piping
- Use Chocolate Sauce
- Frequently asked questions
6 Tips to Ace Your Cake Decorations
Cakes that are beautifully decorated with fresh icing and fondant look resplendent, don’t they? Did you know it doesn’t take much to decorate a well-baked cake? All you need is patience and the right ingredients, and you can decorate one yourself anytime you want. Keep the following tips in mind to get it right every single time.
1. Start By Decorating a Plain Round Cake – We recommend you begin with the basics and in this case, it’s decorating a plain round cake. With a simple round cake, you have clean edges to work on and a simple, single-tiered structure.
2. Get Your Things Together Before Starting–Don’t bake the cake first and then rush to the market to buy the decorative items! Have a bunch of piping bags, a turntable, a spatula knife, and your icing cream ready.
3. Level The Cake Before Beginning – Any batter that is properly mixed and folded will rise. This means that the center is likely to rise like a hilltop. Icing such a cake is never recommended. So, before you begin, level the cake by scrapping off the uneven parts.
4. Start From the Top– Put a dollop of cream on the top and gently spread it to the edges. From the center take the cream to the edges. It will take a little practice and a lot of patience. Make sure you are armed with both!
5. Choose the Nozzle for Piping –Before you put the icing into the piping bag, make sure you have chosen an appropriate nozzle. The right nozzle will give you the design of your choice. Use the border of the cakeas your line of sight and gently press the bag to let the cream ooze out.
6. Use Chocolate Sauce – An easy decorating hack is to use chocolate sauce, especially on the edges. Pour it lightly to the edges of your round cake to get a natural design.
Cake decorations have evolved over the years. We have witnessed this evolution. If earlier our customers liked a simple vanilla cake with fresh cream icing, today they look for fondant cakes with elaborate decorations. They pay attention to the minutest details and cakes with more details are highly valued. These cakes are very good to look at (and eat too) but preparing them needs time. We usually take about 5-6 hours to bake a cake and a day to simply decorate. However, if it’s a simple cake with icing, the entire thing can be completed within half a day!
You can browse through our website to check over 300 varieties of cakes. You can also place custom orders and rely on us that we will give you the best cakes you have ever tasted!
Frequently Asked Questions
How Long Does It Take to Decorate a Cake?
Depending on the type of icing you are using, it can take anything between 45 minutes to 6 hours! An expert can complete a simple buttercream icing within an hour but the same decoration on a tiered cake takes time.
Can I Decorate My Cakes?
Yes, you can. All you need to do is practice.